Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Choices,Mistakes & The Results

In life we are granted with choices. Some choices we make may not be the best and some choices we make can better us and mistakes are for us to learn from.I know a few people in my circle of friends that are convicted felons and have turn their lives around and haven't been to jail since their last release.I feel like if this is the land of opportunity, they should give everyone a second chance. My close friend has been convicted of domestic violence, which was in the year of 2006 since then he has had 4 to 5 jobs all temporary and all dead end. I feel like people who are in the situation my friend is in, Make decisions and choices under pressure,without thinking and out of anger.With the result of their mistakes jail,probation for 2 or more years and a unpleasent record is what they end up with. Their are programs that help felons look for jobs but,most of the jobs are temporary and the pay isn't nothing much to talk about.These people have families,resitution to pay and neccessities. How are they expected to pay the cost of living if no one will give them a chance?So for all of you who have a nice crispy clean record think before you complain about not getting a job.I think their should be more job oppourtunities for felons.We are all human and we all make mistakes maybe some mistakes bigger than others.

No comments: