Wednesday, September 10, 2008

little miss lucky

Everyone says that Life is short and don't take it for granted. I must admit I never really took that saying seriously.Life indeed is very important to me. Succeeding is nothing but a option. Some choices I made wasn't always wise. At times I seen myself going down the wrong road. I was living the fast life with people I would describe as a major problem to our society. At that point I was just another lost 17 year old GIRL in the hood with no responsibility, no worries and no self-respect. Certainly I knew all the unspeakable things I engaged myself into would eventually catch up to me. At that point of my life I was living for tomorrow and not necessarily my future.

One night myself and some friends attend my ex-boyfriends' show. We were all excited because the famous rapper Too Short was told to accompany this event. We were enjoying ourselves dancing to the music and waiting for my ex-boyfriend to open the show for Too Short. I had to break loose from the dancing. My feet began to hurt in those 6 inches heels. So, I asked my boyfriend to walk me to my car to change my shoes. As we proceed to exit the Club the Bouncer yelled out, "Make sure you have your wristbands or else you won't be able to re-enter".


There was one problem, The street we were on was a very extended street. The lights were about half a mile apart. So, we decided to cross the street directly in the middle like we did when we arrived. We made it half way safe. We was standing on the island of the huge street waiting for cars to pass so we can cross. Me and DJ (ex-boyfriend) was laughing and joking about how he was going to demolish this show. I was over joyed and excited. So, there we were standing on the island. The coast was clear we stepped down and made it less than half way. My shoes, purse, myself and him went flying in the air.



Are you okay, Are you okay? What is your name can you tell me your name? I respond in deep pain ,"Melisha". He said, "How many fingers am I holding up"? No response. Damn everything went black. I woke up the next day around 5:00 am in such excruciating pain. The doctor came in to speak to me. He said, "How are you feeling" barely speaking I said, "bad" He replied "I know I can't imagine". He asked me did I know what happened to me. I replied, "I got shot". He said " No you got hit by a car you broke your tibia and fibia in both legs. Your fibia in your right leg ejected out your leg" At this point I didn't care I was just glad to be alive. He continued to explain how I wouldn't be able to walk for 6 months and I was a "Miracle Girl", They had to revive me while stitching up my neck. When DJ and I got hit I rolled up on the car's windshield and shattered the glass. As you can see i have an laceration from the left side to the right side of my neck. The Doctor told me the glass just missed my Jugular vein and if it would of got torn I wouldn't be here to tell my story. As for DJ he was in coma for a month in a half his brain shifted out of place and he had bleeding and inflammation of the brain. He was told he was going to be a vegetable for life and never was going to walk or talk again.

This was all to obvious I knew this was definitely a wake up call. God had a different purpose he wasn't ready for me to be with him just yet. I appreciate life more than I ever have. With these eternal scares I can't never forget what I've been through,how it affected me and my loved ones.LIFE is short it may be tooken away in one blink appreciate it,don't take it for granted and NEVER think your in a position not to lose it. I love live life to the fullest you should do the same.



No comments: