Monday, October 20, 2008

I love my heritage

I love my heratige it's nothing like it. The people,language,coral reef,food, music,pride and tradition.I am a Belizean-American.Belize is located in Central America. Its capitol is Belmopan. In my family we have a mixture of different types of Belizeans we have Garifuna's which are people with a mixture of African,Indian and Carib, Creole is a mixture of English and African(black),Mopan which is Maya Indian.Our language is different and not to hard to learn. We speak Kriol(Creole) which is said to be broken English.For instants we say Weh di go ann? meaning Whats up? Or Gud mannin' meaning Good Morning. English was of course my first language but Kriol never came second,It followed right behind.Its said to be, Creole is largely based on English, although it does include words from various African languages as well.Fact is Belize has the second largest Coral Reef in the world! It is located next to Great Barrier Reef in Australia.It has a beautiful and unforgettable sight.

Everyone that taste Belizean food enjoys it.A tipical Breakfast would be eggs,refried beans and johnny cake,fry jack or hand made tortilla. Johnny cake is round like a biscut and made out of flour,cut in half and buttered inbetween.Fry cake is similar just deeped fried and no butter.Their are many dishes that are delicious.It's a known fact that Mexican food have an influence on some of Belizean dishes.I love my culutre.


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!






No comments: