Monday, October 27, 2008

My Greatest Fear

Growing up in South Central,Los Angeles it is a lot to fear.Fear of being shot,jumped,killed(accident or purpose),and simply not upgrading from living in the hood.Honestly,those listed above is not what fears me.My fear is:Lack of success,not achieving goal or goals,"falling short",or simply being a failure.My major goal is to succeed in anything I put my hands on.Failing is so much easier than trying,reaching for that goal,and succeeding.

I know at times I slack off and it's not quite reality to me that I'm in college but failing is not a option.I think about it everyday.I've heard it over and over you sometimes have to fail to continue and strive harder.It's not many role models I look up to as far as family.Every One seems to be just getting by.I want to get by and have space to take a vacation,buy my son something nice,or maybe by myself a new car.But,as I think about all the accomplishments I have made I just barely made it.I have a lot of faith in myself so I know I can do it.


Thomas Edison said,"I have not failed.I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

No comments: