Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Teenage Statistic

My Life, it never been easy. I guess it wasn't destined to be but, what would life be like if it wasn't challenging? I made choices in life that may have not been the best to those who critique me. I was 17 years old when I found out that I was 2 months pregnant. I hide my pregnancy until I was 5 months. I do not agree with abortions so aborting my baby was not a option. Who am I to kill a blessing from God? It wasn't a matter of what my parents would think or say but how everyone else would react.Yes indeed my Mother kicked me out of her house. I stayed with my son's Father, Being away from my family was ultimately hard. Days went by and they didn't get easier. I remember one day my Baby's Father and I was going into Target and this older lady told me,"You should be ashamed of yourself." I looked at her deviously pulled my Baby Daddy arm and continued walking. Feeling hurt from what she had said I started to consider,Should I be ashamed?. I was hurt,embarressed and began questioning myself.

Continuing High School seemed like the impossible. I wanted to quit and just go back after having my son. But, the love ones around me wouldn't allow me to do such a foolish thing. I continued going to school and adult school. I busted my butt to make up credits and doing extra work. My son was due June 23rd which was 6 days before my high school graduation. Graduation came closer and he still wasn't budging. I walked the stage 9 months pregnant with my head high in the sky and proud of my accomplishments. My son Martin Breyon Gregory Johnson came 6 days later on July 6th, 7:02 in the morning, 7 pounds and 10 ounces. Months went past and I still didn't speak to my mother. It killed me to know she didn't only deny me but, she denied her grandson. Weeks went past and she called, I went back home and still until this day 2 years later she still holds it against me. When she gets upset she never fails to call me just another teen statistic. I thought so negative of myself and myself esteem was below zero.I graduated from high school and Everest College as a Licensed Pharmacy Technician. Making it in life is nothing but a option and if no one else is proud of me.I can say I'm proud of me. With a great attitude and mind I have excepted my decisions and enjoy my choices. Regardless of who likes it or not. I must say hell yeah I like the life I live because I went from negative to positive and its all good. (Notorious B.I.G-Juicy)






No comments: